FIRST provides project based learning in alignment with Common Core and Florida state standards, as well as over $80 million in scholarships to participating high school students. The programs are inclusive, accessible and affordable, with significant grant funding available to new and existing teams. Most important, FIRST programs work. Compared to their matched peers, FIRST Alumni are:
• 50% more likely to attend college.
• 3x more likely to major in engineering.
• 9x more likely to have an internship in Freshman year.
• 4x more likely to pursue a career in Engineering.
• 2.5x more likely to volunteer in the community.
Please join us to see how FIRST can bring immense added value to your school program.
- Analysis of FIRST and Educational Standards (PDF)
- FIRST K-4 Standards Alignment (FLL Jr.)
- FIRST 5th-8th grade Standards Alignment (FLL)
- FIRST 7th-12th Standards Alignment (FTC)
- FIRST 9th -12th Standards Alignment (FRC)
- FIRST Impact StudiesFIRST Longitudinal Study: Findings at Follow Up (Year 3 Report)
- Full STEAM Ahead: Investing in the Future – by Theresa Willingham, former FIRST in Florida Central Florida Regional Director (2011-2017)
- ROI in FIRST – by Alison Roth, Co-Chair, ROBOT League of Tampa Bay